These Hugs and Kisses studs are for people who like something a little bit different! Dare to wear these cleverly mismatched studs and make a style statement that will be remembered. Small enough to be subtle and large enough to get noticed, you'll love wearing these conversation-starters. And obviously, they'd make an incredibly sentimental gift!
- part of our Miimi and Jiinda Storylines range: Dreaming stories express our deep connection to Gumbaynggir country and all its elements, these stories represent our Aboriginal culture and keep it alive and thriving today!
- each pair includes one kiss and one hug
- reversible aluminium panels have artwork on one side and sleek brushed silver on the other - choose which way to wear them or stack them with panels from your other Moe Moe earrings
- sterling stud posts and butterfly backs
- 1 cm wide
- 0.5 grams each
- Australian Made on the Gold Coast
Moe Moe Design is extremely is honoured to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Miiimi & Jiinda, a new Australian Art business, founded by Aboriginal mother and daughter, Lauren Jarrett and Melissa Greenwood. Their venture was established to not only create beautiful sacred artworks sharing their rich cultural history, but to also implement change by creating national projects. Launched on Instagram in late 2018, Miimi & Jiinda’s traditional and contemporary Aboriginal artworks and hand woven baskets have won fans all over Australia. Known for their bright and distinctive style, Miimi & Jiinda creations tell visual stories about country and kin from the oldest surviving culture in the world.
Melissa and Lauren are Indigenous Australian artists hailing from the Gumbaynggirr, Dunghutti and Bundjalung tribes of Australia’s East Coast. Often referred to as “Saltwater Country”, their ancestral homelands are some of the most beautiful oceans, rivers, sub tropical rainforests, mountains and majestic waterfalls in the country, situated from the northern end of Byron Bay down to Kempsey in New South Wales. Lauren and Melissa are traditional owners of their ancestral homelands and proud custodians of the oldest surviving culture in the world which dates back to “time immemorial”, meaning time extending beyond the reach of memory.
Artist Portrait by Barefoot Wandering Photography
If you are undecided as to what to give a gift there is always Vouchers available in store